Scrunchie99 left a comment on my post about my Mickey Mouse Cookbook. She said,
"I loved this cookbook as a child, and I was searching for the Sugar Cookie recipe in it when I found your blog. I have been looking for that recipe for years. If you ever read this message and care to share it with me, I would be most appreciative!!!"
Well, Scrunchie99, here's the recipe for you! Let me know how they turn out!!!
Mickey Mouse's Sugar Cookies
What you need:
1/2 cup shortening, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
What you do with it:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Break the egg into a large mixing bowl. Add the shortening, sugar, cinnamon, milk and lemon juice. Beat with an egg beater until creamy.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together into another bowl. Add this to the mixture in the first bowl and mix well with a spoon.
4. Drop the dough by the teaspoonful onto 2 cookie sheets (you don't have to grease them). Leave at least 1 inch of space between the cookies.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Immediately remove the cookies from the cookie sheets with a spatula. Place them on wire racks to cool.
Makes about 36 cookies.